April 22, 2022
In today’s installment of Ask a TIRECRAFT Technician, we highlight the best Pirelli tires for fuel economy, the new and improved Pirelli Cinturato P7. Read on to learn results from track tests and find ways to save on your next Pirelli tire purchase, or contact your local TIRECRAFT to book a consultation straight away.
Reduce Rolling Resistance With The Improved Pirelli Cinturato P7
Back in 2012, Pirelli tires made headlines when the Cinturato P7s came out on top for fuel efficiency in track tests, by which, a prominent UK Consumer Association publication known to be “the only independent entity to test tires in the United Kingdom.” Across a lengthy battery of tests, Pirelli tires outperformed the Continental PremiumContact5, Goodyear’s OptiGrip, and the Bridgestone Turanza T001 for rolling resistance.
What’s more, track testers noted that the Cinturato P7s were “among the lowest priced tires in the test batch,” which meant Pirelli tire buyers were saving more upfront and over the long-term.
Despite earning a clean sweep in international fuel efficiency tests, Pirelli tire manufacturers were not content to rest on their laurels. In the 10 years since their sweeping victory, Pirelli tires have continued to compete with themselves, and the current Cinturato P7 shows marked improvements on its award-winning predecessor, thanks to a newly optimized tread profile and innovative new tread compound.
In fact, in internal tests comparing the new Pirelli Cinturato P7 with the previous generation, Pirelli tire researchers found that the new model provided even more fuel range and mileage, reducing fuel consumption by up to 4%, which equated to an extra 4,000km of driving.
Along with unparalleled fuel efficiency, these Pirelli tires offer:
- All-season tire performance, keeping you safe on the road in all but the worst of conditions, and saving you money on Pirelli tire storage and seasonal changeover
- Optimized tread design with specialized pitch sequencing to reduce internal noise and provide a more comfortable ride
- Four wide longitudinal grooves to expel water, reduce your risk of hydroplaning, and keep your tires gripping in wet conditions
- Compact central blocks and robust external areas to facilitate fast, responsive cornering with less risk of tire distortion
- Innovative and advanced hybrid material to balance pressure distribution and increase driver comfort
Explore More Fuel-efficient Pirelli Tires And Alternatives At TIRECRAFT
The Cinturato P7s might not be right for you, but don’t despair—there are plenty of other fuel-efficient Pirelli tire options, plus many more products from competitors offering similarly low rolling resistance, and you can find them all at your local TIRECRAFT.
What’s more, when you source your tires from us, you get unbiased advice, incredible warranty coverage, and more ways to save via customer rewards and official in-store promotions. For example, for a limited time, you may be eligible for up to $100 in rebates when you purchase select sets of Pirelli tires, including:
- Anything Pirelli tires from the P ZERO family
- Any Pirelli tires front he SCORPION family
- Any Pirelli tires from the CINTURATO family
- Any Pirelli tires from the P4 FOUR SEASONS family
To learn more and book a personalized Pirelli tire consultation, use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool.Back