Senior Systems Administrator – Tirecraft Ontario
Senior Systems Administrator
Tirecraft Ontario, Ingersoll, ON
Tirecraft is a proudly Canadian owned and operated expert in tires and automotive services. We are presently seeking a qualified individual to fill a Senior Systems Administrator. Tirecraft Ontario supports 28 locations across Ontario. While home base is located in Ingersoll, ON, approximately ~15% travel is required.
We offer an excellent Group Benefits Package including Health and Dental coverage, life and long term disability insurance, as well as an Employee Purchase Program, birthday off with pay, paid training, cell phone and many more perks!
- Install new/rebuild existing servers/workstations. Configure hardware, programs, peripherals (printers, USB sticks/drives, scanners/mice/keyboards), services, settings, directories, storage, in accordance with standards, projects and daily operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring: Verify integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, operating systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Upgrade administrative hardware, software, equipment/tools and utilities on regular basis
- Monitor daily backup operations: Ensure all required file systems and data are successfully backup up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes/files are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted locations
- Perform regular security monitoring and identify any possible intrusions, update accordingly
- Create, update/change, and delete user accounts and profile permissions as requested
- Provide training on technology and software to new and/or existing users as requested by the IT Manager
- Track physical and oversee maintenance schedule for current technology inventories of hardware, software, and other resources
- Respond to all troubleshooting issues and inquiries for all hardware and operating software
- Assist IT Manager in gathering performance reporting to support capacity and future planning
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations
- Assist the IT Manager with recommendations about accessing information and support.
- Diploma in Information Technology Systems Administration
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands on field experience supporting a variety of networks/products/solutions/software with multi-location support
- Strong Problem Solving Skills required to trouble shoot all information technology issues (hardware/software/network)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; staying on task with several day to day operations simultaneously with constant interruptions
- Strong communication skills, with end user in mind
- Software Requirements: VMWare/Vshpere, Microsoft Office Suite: 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft remote desktop, Linux web server, as well as hardware troubleshooting, WIFI technologies, Teams and Zoom technology
- Hardware experience with HP server chassis, SAN/NAS architecture technologies (EMC preferred), personal computing hardware including laptop/desktop/monitors, printer/scanner technologies including all makes and models, Cisco networking, Sonic wall networking, HP managed switches, Ubiquiti Android hardware technology, VOIP phone technology troubleshooting various types of cell phone technologies
- Internetworking skills: ability to troubleshoot various internet connections (DSL/Cable/Fiber), troubleshooting from the PC to the Router following the path of flow for network hardware such as NIC’s, cables, switches and routers.
Interested applicants should submit their resume via email at email@example.com. We appreciate all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.