- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment, including tire service as required.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specification.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit.