Tire Technician – Scotia Tirecraft
Role and Responsibilities
As a Tire Technician your responsibilities would include:
- Interact with Commercial Sales Reps and Service Advisors to obtain work orders and commercial customer service specific requirements.
- Install, balance, rotate and repair tires at commercial customer location and roadside location in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct after hours emergency roadside service calls for commercial fleet customers.
- Accurately complete all documentation/paperwork in relation to service work and work orders.
- Deliver customer tire maintenance program by visiting assigned locations to complete fleet checks.
- Ensure service vehicle, shop, and all equipment is maintained in a tidy, safe and clean manner at all times.
- Conduct efficient Inventory Control: documenting shipping/receiving of all inventory.
- Professionally interact and communicate with Commercial Customers.
- Assist Passenger Light Truck Tire Technicians as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School or Equivalent
- 2 years Tire Technician experience
- Valid G License and a clean Drivers Abstract
- TIA Certificate, or willing to be certified
- Internal Associates – Intermediate PLT Skills Matrix Achieved
- Commercial Wheel Installer Certificate preferred
- Basic mechanical aptitude and previous exposure to commercial fleet vehicles
- Interest in further expanding knowledge about the tire industry
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
This role requires that the applicant be physically able to lift 80-100lbs and maintain a crouched position for extended periods.
This role requires the applicant work 40hrs/week and be willing to work “on-call/nights, weekends” following a shared schedule.
We offer an excellent Group Benefits Package including Health and Dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as an Employee Purchase Program, paid Birthday Day Off , paid training, and other opportunities.
ScotiaTire is an equal opportunity employer; accommodations will be made to ensure all qualified applicants are considered for employment