December 1, 2020
Auto maintenance matters—as the old adage goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Today’s post shares the best auto maintenance schedule to help you save money and stay safe on the road.
Auto Maintenance Schedule: What to book every 3 months or 5,000km
The TIRECRAFT auto repair and maintenance schedule recommends booking a general vehicle maintenance service and oil change every 3 months or 5,000km of driving. If you’re driving a newer vehicle with modern lubricants or full-synthetic motor oil, ask your TIRECRAFT provider for a personalized estimate—in some cases, full-synthetic motor oils can take you as far as 24,000km!
Though it may seem like an unwelcome expense, changing your oil on-time offers a numbers of benefits that translate to big savings:
- Regular oil changes are associated with longer engine life, keeping engines free from sludge build-up that can cause catastrophic failures
- Regular oil changes protect the crankshaft, connecting rods, camshaft, and other essential engine components
- Regular oil changes improve fuel economy by reducing friction in the engine
Additionally, general vehicle services and inspections are included with every visit to your local TIRECRAFT to help you save time, and these quick checks can save you thousands of dollars by catching potential problems early on.
Auto Maintenance Schedule: What to book every 6 months or 10,000km
The TIRECRAFT auto repair and maintenance schedule recommends booking a tire rotation every 6 months or 10,000km.
Following this recommendation can save you serious money. Regular tire rotations provide:
- Better tire tread life, so you can get more mileage out of your tire investment
- Better overall vehicle performance and maintenance savings, as regular rotations reduce the risks of front-end misalignments, poor balance, and increased wear due to excess vibrations
- Better gas mileage due to reduced friction and pull
- Easier maintenance of your tire warranty, as most manufacturers require regular rotations for their warranties to remain valid
Auto Maintenance Schedule: What to book every 12 months or 20,000km
The TIRECRAFT auto repair and maintenance schedule recommends that all drivers book a wheel balance, alignment, and brake inspection once per year, or after 20,000km of driving.
Many of the money-saving benefits of wheel balances and tire alignments were covered in the previous section on tire rotations, but brake inspections keep even more money in your pocket by:
- Saving you money on brake repair by reducing brake dust formation and rust
- Increasing the lifespan of your brake pads and rotors
- Keeping you safe from catastrophic brake failures leading to serious injury and costly repair
Auto Maintenance Schedule: What to book every 24 months or 40,000km
The TIRECRAFT auto repair and maintenance schedule recommends that all drivers book a cooling system service, engine service, and transmission service every two years, or after 40,000km of driving.
You can view the complete TIRECRAFT auto maintenance schedule here, and learn more about how investing in these essential services saves you money during your free consultation.
Book my Auto Maintenance Service — Find a local TIRECRAFT
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to find one of our local auto maintenance providers. With more than 220+ auto maintenance shops around the country, qualified help is closer than you think!Back