December 29, 2021
Today’s post answers the top-5 questions that Ontario drivers ask our tire installation experts. Read on to learn how to get great results on your next tire installation, or contact your local TIRECRAFT to start a consultation straight away.
1. Do I Need To Replace All Four Tires At Once?
If your vehicle used all-wheel drive (AWD), then you should always make sure to replace all four tires at once. If one tire is brand-new, but three are worn, your AWD system will take incorrect readings and the differential will work too hard. Drive on these drives for too long, and you’ll burn out the drivetrain.
2. Can I Handle Tire Installation At Home?
That depends—are you a skilled tire technician with a garage full of tire installation equipment?
If not, DIY tire installations are not recommended, as they increase your risks of:
- Improper balance
- Failing to recognize active tire technology / potentially damaging systems (e.g. TPMS)
- Mishandling reverse-mount wheels
- Lubrication errors—too much or too little
- Damage tire bead, and more
If you have any questions, or you need to add a few specialty items to your toolbox before your DIY attempt, get in touch with our tire installation experts. Every consultation is free, and we carry a wide range of tire installation tools and accessories.
3. Can I Mix-And-Match Different Tire Types?
No. You should avoid mixing different tire brands and tread patterns, as disparities in size, load index, wear, and speed rating can cause serious damage to your tires, along with major performance issues while you drive.
4. How Can I Save Money On Tire Installation?
Other than driving carefully and staying on top of your tire maintenance, your best bet to reduce the costs of a tire installation is to find a shop that gives customers different ways to save. For example, when you visit your local TIRECRAFT, you can lower the costs of your tire installation by:
- Cashing in rewards points accrued through the MyTIRECRAFT Rewards program to drive down the costs of your service. Don’t forget to collect your rewards points for your tire installation while you’re at it!
- Taking advantage of tire installation promotions, which often come out around seasonal changeover time. Check the TIRECRAFT Promotions page for regular updates.
- Finding warranties that offer free tire installation services, like the Advantage Plus Program, which offers free tire repair and rotation for eligible customers.
To learn more ways to save on your next tire installation, get in touch with your local TIRECRAFT.
5. How Do I Evaluate Tire Installation Shops Near Me?
- Ratings and reviews—In the Internet Age, if a business has an online presence, they’ll naturally accrue customer reviews over time. Google the tire installation shop in question along with the keyword “reviews,” and you should find plenty of feedback from local customers, sometimes even with pictures of the work included.
For instance, when you Google “TIRECRAFT tire installation reviews,” you’ll find dozens of glowing feedback, as we see here with Attersley TIRECRAFT Oshawa, which, at the time of writing, had 64 reviews and a 4.4/5-star rating.
- COVID-safe service—Does the tire installation shop in question offer contactless services? Are they compliant with all of the government of Ontario’s COVID-19 safety guidelines?
As part of our commitment to stopping the spread, we are staying diligent with all COVID-19 safety protocols, and our contactless booking option makes scheduling your tire installation service easier than ever. In addition to keeping some showrooms closed to the public, we strictly enforce all social distancing, masking, and sanitization protocols, including full disinfecting of customers’ keys and vehicles, should we be required to enter as part of your service.
- Scope of tire installation service—Does the tire installation shop offer tire balancing, tire rotations, tire repair, rim services, and tire maintenance (e.g. air pressure checks, cleaning, storage)? Or are they slapping tires onto your vehicle and sending you on your way?
At TIRECRAFT, every tire installation service includes a full inspection, air pressure top-up, and light maintenance (e.g. removing rocks from treads), plus balancing, rotation, repair, and additional maintenance are available upon request. And the more you bundle your services together in one visit, the more you save, thanks to the MyTIRECRAFT Rewards program.
Book A Free Tire Installation Consultation: Call TIRECRAFT
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to get in touch with our team for a free consultation and quote on your next tire installation.Back