April 5, 2022
Need to book your first vehicle oil change? TIRECRAFT is here to help. Read on to learn 3 essential tips to approach your next vehicle oil change like a pro, or contact your local TIRECRAFT to schedule an appointment and get a free quote.
Beginners Guide To Vehicle Oil Changes: 3 Things You Need To Know
To get great results on your next vehicle oil change, make sure you understand:
1.When to book vehicle oil changes. If you’re driving on standard oil, we recommend booking a vehicle oil change after 3 months or 5,000km of driving—whichever comes first. If you’re using synthetic oil, you can go substantially longer, sometimes as far as 10,000km between services, but it’s still a good idea to aim for at least two oil changes per year.
When in doubt, check your vehicle owner’s manual, or ask a TIRECRAFT vehicle oil change expert.
2. How often to check your vehicle oil level? Consumer Reports recommends assessing your oil level at least once per month, but some people check the dipstick much more often, including it as part of their weekly vehicle inspection.
When checking your oil, make sure you’re parked on level ground, and pay close attention to the oil’s color. It should be brown or black; if it looks light or milky, you could be experiencing a coolant leak. Look out for metal particles, too, as these may be early signs of internal engine damage. If you see either of these irregularities, contact your local TIRECRAFT technician for help.
3. How to choose the right oil for your vehicle. Synthetic oil is a great option for most modern drivers. It offers superior product life, stability, low and high-temperature viscosity performance, and resistance to oxidation, thermal breakdown, and sludge problems. But it’s not for everyone.
When it comes to oil change maintenance and oil type, the answers can be found in your owner’s manual, or by calling your local TIRECRAFT. In newer cars, recommended oil specifications may also be printed on the oil cap.
Book A Vehicle Oil Change: Get A Free Quote From Your Local TIRECRAFT
- One-stop shop for vehicle oil changes. We work with all vehicle types, and both traditional and synthetic vehicle oil changes are available, so you don’t have to waste time shopping around for specialty service.
- Canada’s trusted vehicle oil change shop. After more than 30 years providing vehicle oil changes at 300+ locations across Canada, we’re proud to have earned hundreds of glowing reviews and a 5-star Google rating. Get in touch with your local TIRECRAFT and see for yourself why so many drivers trust our team for their essential upkeep.
- Earn rewards points for your vehicle oil change. Download the MyTIRECRAFT Rewards app and collect discount dollars on your next vehicle oil change.
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to get in touch with a certified technician and get a free quote on your next vehicle oil change.Back