Assistant Store Manager
Port Hope, ON
Northumberland Tirecraft is a proudly Canadian owned and operated expert in tires and automotive services. We are presently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Assistant Store Manager to oversee employees, support sales and grow, maintain customer relationships, and day to day operational activities. The Assistant Store Manager reports directly to the Store Manager. We are looking for someone who can continue to help the organization grow, is hard-working, and aligns with our Employer of Choice and Service Provider of Choice values.
We offer an excellent Group Benefits Package including Health and Dental coverage, life and long term disability insurance, as well as an Employee Purchase Program, birthday off with pay, paid training, and many more perks!
- Working with the Store Manager, develop and implement customer service guidelines for in-shop, road and field service technicians.
- Work with the Store Manager to oversee day to day operations.
- Assist with the development of the store’s annual business plan, complete with sales, service, margin, expense and profit targets.
- Work closely with Service Advisors to oversee sales and service at the front counter, with a strong focus on facilitating the best possible customer service.
- Work with Store Administrators for invoicing all product and service sales once complete and process payments immediately.
- Manage “service call” telephone requests, write up work orders and dispatch Service Technicians accordingly.
- Maintain inventories levels at prescribed levels and ensure it is stored in an orderly and safe fashion.
- Ensure the shop, warehouse and outside storage areas are kept clean & tidy.
- Ensure Associates are trained and certified to use all shop equipment. Ensure renewal of such certification, as required.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with position direct reports.
- Continually participate in sales and product training to ensure changes in the marketplace are up to date.
- Previous experience in a leadership position
- Previous experience in retail and commercial tire/automotive industry an asset
- Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate and knowledge of accounting basics
- Proven ability to grow business revenues and profits
- Proven ability to secure and manage Company assets while achieving Company ROI objectives
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide support and guidance for team members
Interested applicants should submit their resume via e-mail to email@example.com. We appreciate all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.