Tire StorageLearn how to keep your tires safe during their off-season.
If you’ve got multiple sets of tires for your vehicles (and you should if you live in Canada!), proper tire storage and care is a must if you want to maintain their quality. If you’re the type of person who simply takes your tires off and stores them in the garage, you could be in for an unpleasant surprise next season. Luckily, Tirecraft is here to help. When you choose Tirecraft to store your winter tires, summer tires or all-season tires, you will never have to worry about the state of your investment—you know they’ll be taken care of until you need them again. Let us keep your tires safe, properly stored, and in the best condition possible, so they’ll always be ready to hit the road with you.
The Importance of Keeping Your Tires Properly Stored
It’s easy to assume that storing your tires when they are not in use is as easy as stacking them in the garage until it’s time for the next tire change. The truth is that keeping your tires in the best condition possible is a little more time consuming than that. In order to ensure they’re ready to go next season, you have to:
- Clean your tires before storing them to remove any gunk or grime that could cause damage
- Store your tires in a cool, dry, dark room that is free from direct sunlight and completely protected from the elements
- Be sure this location does not exceed a normal room temperature
- Make sure your tires will not come into contact with any solvents, fuels, or other liquids while in storage
- Keep your tires away from any external pressure or tension to prevent them from cracking
- Protect your tires from naturally occurring ozone, which can cause them to dry out and crack
- Rotate your pile of tires every four weeks to ensure equal pressure
For more information on how Tirecraft can handle all of your tire storage needs, stop into your local shop today!
Tirecraft Lets You Focus on Driving
When you take your tires to Tirecraft, we will inspect them, clean them, and even store them for the season so you can rest assured they will receive the care they deserve. Then, when it’s time for a tire change, simply stop in and we’ll take care of everything.