September 23, 2020
When it comes to car maintenance, knowing is half the battle. Today’s explains the value of tire rebalancing services, then highlights 5 signs that tell you it’s time to book with a local TireCraft expert.
Why Invest in Tire Balancing Near Me?
As you rack up kilometers on the odometer, daily tire treadwear changes the distribution of weight around the tire and wheel assembly. When neglected, this uneven distribution causes:
- Heavy vibrations throughout your vehicle that may be uncomfortable for drivers and passengers
- Uneven tread wear
- Long-term damage to your vehicle due to undue stress on shocks, bearings, and wheel assembly
- Increased fuel costs due to reduced efficiency
Conversely, investing in tire balancing provides:
- A smoother ride
- Reduced tire wear
- Enhanced drive-train components
- Greater fuel efficiency
5 Signs it’s Time To Book Tire Rebalancing Near Me
1. Your Vehicle is Showing the Signs of Unbalanced Tires
Common signs of poor tire balance include:
- Steering-wheel vibration when reaching highway speeds
- Seat or floorboard vibration when reaching highway speeds
- Scalloped or cupped wear patterns on your tires
2. You Just Bought New Tires
Anytime you buy new tires, tire balancing is required.
3. You Had To Replace or Repair A Flat Tire
Though not every flat tire fix calls for tire balancing service, many do. As a general rule of thumb, remember: any time you take a tire off its rim, tire rebalancing is required.
4. It’s Been Nearly 12 Months Since Your Last Tire Rebalancing Service
TireCraft experts recommend full wheel balance and alignment service every 12 months. If you can’t remember the last reading on your odometer, use this estimate to keep your maintenance schedule on track (you can even set an annual reminder in your phone’s calendar!).
However, depending on your driving habits and conditions (e.g. aggressive driving on rough roads), service may be needed even sooner. You can review our full recommended service timelines on the TireCraft Auto Repair page.
5. You’ve Driven More Than 20,000km Since Your Last Tire Balancing Service
If you’ve put another 20,000km on the odometer since your last wheel balancing service, it’s definitely time to book another appointment. In fact, many experts recommend balancing and aligning your tires every 5,000 to 6,000km!
The more frequent your tire balancing maintenance, the more you’ll enjoy the benefits we discussed earlier.
Save Time and Money with TireCraft’s Full-Service Tire Experts
Since they originated in the late 1920s, “one-stop shops” have been popular in all industries because they save buyers time and money. By offering everything the customer needs “under one roof,” one-stop shops eliminate unnecessary shop visits and travel time, and also present more opportunities for bundling (i.e. bulk-buy discounts).
As a full-service tire company, TireCraft exemplifies the value of the one-stop shop model, offering all the following products and services under one roof:
- All-season tires
- All-weather tires
- Winter tires
- Summer tires
- Oil changes
- Wheel alignments
- Brake services
- Vehicle diagnostics
- Performance parts and accessories
- Preventative maintenance
Whether you come in for a new set of tires, a flat tire repair, or any other auto service, you can save time and money by bundling it with a professional tire balancing and oil change. Use the Find a TireCraft tool on our website to book a free consultation today.Back