April 24, 2021
Today’s post highlights 5 cost control strategies for consumers looking to save money on their next auto transmission repair or maintenance service, courtesy of the TIRECRAFT team.
Read on to start saving, or contact your local TIRECRAFT for a free quote on any auto transmission repair or maintenance service right away.
1. Commit To Consumer-Side Auto Transmission Care
There’s plenty you can do at home to reduce the auto transmission repair costs, including:
- Check your transmission fluid periodically — For most passengers vehicles, checking the transmission fluid is as easy as checking the oil. With the engine idling, simply remove the dipstick, wipe it off, re-insert, wait, and then pull it out again to take a reading. If the fluid level is low, you might have sprung a leak; if it’s murky, dark, or smelly, it might be time for a flush. And the sooner you take care of it, the less it’ll cost.
- Make sure you’re using the right type of transmission fluid — Always check your vehicle owner’s manual to find out what type of transmission fluid is recommended by the manufacturer. If you’re unable to locate this information, simply contact your local TIRECRAFT, and our auto transmission repair specialists will steer you in the right direction.
- Avoid unnecessary strain on your transmission — Never change gears from Drive to Reverse unless your vehicle has come to a complete stop, and always allow your engine a few minutes to warm up before you drive away, especially during the chilly winter months. It’s also a good idea to avoid towing tasks with your vehicle, unless it’s specifically designed for that purpose, as this can cause the transmission fluid to oxidize and burn.
2. Keep Up With Auto Transmission Flushes
The TIRECRAFT auto repair and maintenance schedule recommends that all drivers book a transmission flush every two years, or after 40,000km of driving—whichever comes first. But don’t hesitate to book your flush even sooner if you notice your transmission fluid appears dirty or “burnt.” Failing to do so may result in catastrophic engine failure and major auto transmission repair costs.
3. Invest In Annual Engine Cooling System Service
Your vehicle’s cooling system not only keeps the engine from overheating, but also keeps your transmission fluid cool while it pumps through your gearbox. Keeping this system in optimal condition is key to controlling future auto transmission repairs costs.
4. Find A One-Stop Auto Transmission Repair Shop
One-stop shops not only save consumers money by eliminating the need for extra outings, but also create more opportunities for “bundling” services together for big service discounts.
At TIRECRAFT, you’ll find all the auto transmission repair and maintenance essentials, alongside a wide range of automotive repair and maintenance services, car parts and accessories, and top brand-name tires. If you want to control costs on your next auto transmission repair or maintenance service, come into TIRECRAFT and see how much you can save with our service packages.
5. Take Advantage Of Customer Loyalty Programs For Auto Transmission Repair
Have you downloaded the MyTIRECRAFT Rewards App? Participating TIRECRAFT locations are now offering a brand new customer loyalty program that allows you to bank rewards points with every car service or product purchase. Download today and get $20 in rewards points instantly, and start racking up more rewards on your next auto transmission repair.
Free Quote On Auto Transmission Repair — Contact TIRECRAFT
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to get a free quote on any auto transmission repair or maintenance service from an ASE-certified technician near you.Back