October 29, 2021
Why Consider Firestone All-Weather Tires For Winter 2021?
If you live in one of Ontario’s snow belt areas, you’re probably one of the 72% of Canadians who now use winter tires. But while there’s no denying the safety benefits of dedicated snow tires, you should know they’re not your only option.
Firestone all-weather tires, such as the Firestone Weathergrip, offer the perfect blend of wet, dry, and winter performance, giving you all the benefits of all-season tires without any of the drawbacks.
Granted, you may be giving up some measure of winter performance (but that’s debatable, as the next section will show!), but in return you get:
- Freedom from storage stress—Firestone all-weather tires stay on your vehicle year-round, so you don’t have to spend time or money storing your tires.
- More money in your pocket—Never pay seasonal tire changeover service fees again.
- Long-lasting tread—Firestone all-weather tires come with a 105,000 kilometer limited mileage warranty, which far exceeds industry standards.
Firestone All-Weather Tires Outperform Some Snow Tires, Study Shows
New research by Consumer Reports is forcing tire buyers and manufacturers alike to reconsider all-weather tires’ perception as a “middle ground” between all-seasons and snows.
That’s because all-weather tires, or “Variable-conditions” as they’re sometimes known, actually outperform some snow tires in extreme winter driving tests.
To put a definitive end to the debate, Consumer Reports’ tested 630 tires from 63 different brands and subjected them to two experiments: a traction test on packed snow at night, where the sun wouldn’t affect road conditions, and a braking test on an ice rink, where most drivers dare not go.
At the end of their tire testing, the research team praised select all-weather tires for their “good stopping distances on ice and very good snow traction.” What’s more, based on their overall score, Firestone all-weather tires outperformed many winter tire options, thanks to their:
- Increased sipe density on inside treads; lower sipe density on outside treads
- Snow claws to increase snow traction
- Increased block rigidity
- Slush grooves
- Increased stability
- Unique all-weather rubber composition that stays soft and pliable in the cold
Book A Personalized Firestone All-Weather Tire Consultation
Still not sure whether Firestone all-weather tires are right for you? The only way to get a definitive answer is to book a personalized needs assessment, and with 300+ TIRECRAFT locations around the country, that’s never been easier.
To find out whether Firestone all-weather tires are right for you, book a free, personalized consultation at your local TIRECRAFT.Back