Wheel alignments are critical to ensuring the safety of your vehicles, as well as the livelihood of your drivers. Whether you are an owner/operator of a single vehicle, or manage an entire fleet, your local Tirecraft experts can perform wheel alignments when required as well as part of your regular maintenance routines. And, to make it even easier for your vehicles to stay in great condition, our team can perform these services at your facilities.
Wheel Alignments for Commercial Vehicles
When a local Tirecraft technician performs a wheel alignment on your commercial vehicle or your fleet of vehicles, they will be resetting the angles of your wheels to your vehicle manufacturer’s original specifications. They will adjust the castor angle, the camber anger, and the toe of your vehicle’s tires.
Why Are Wheel Alignments Important for Your Commercial Vehicle?
When wheels are correctly aligned, they will be flat on the road and properly pointed. Taking the time to have your wheels aligned results in reduced operational costs through:
- More even tire wear
- Reduced part wear in your vehicle’s front end suspension
- Increased drivability
- Overall safer operation of your vehicle
Ensuring correct toe alignment on your commercial vehicle—in conjunction with proper air pressure and axle alignment—can help prevent 95% of irregular tire wear.
When Commercial Vehicles Need Wheel Alignments
There are several telltale signs that your commercial vehicle may require a wheel alignment. These include:
- Uneven tread wear in your tires (including, but not limited to cupping, wear on a single side, etc.)
- Premature tread wear in your tires
- Pulling from one side to the other while driving your vehicle
- Vibration in your steering wheel
- An off-centre steering wheel while driving in a straight line
In addition, your commercial vehicle should undergo a wheel alignment if it has:
- Recently had its tires changed
- Been involved in an accident or collision
- Had work done on its steering or suspension
Regardless of whether or not your commercial vehicle is showing symptoms or meets the above criteria, we recommend having its wheels aligned every 20,000km to 40,000km. Failure to have your wheels properly aligned can result in severe tire damage, as well as more expensive repairs down the line.
Can Tirecraft Perform Wheel Alignments on Entire Fleets of Vehicles?
If you are the owner/operator of a single light truck or commercial vehicle, you can stop into your local Tirecraft for service. On the other hand, if you manage an entire fleet of vehicles, Tirecraft can come to you. That’s because Tirecraft is equipped to handle the needs of your fleet when and where they are needed. Whether you require one or multiple technicians, we can perform yard checks, determine which vehicles require alignments, and complete this maintenance on location or in our service bays.
Choose Tirecraft for Your Wheel Alignment
When you choose Tirecraft for your wheel alignment (and all other commercial vehicle maintenance), you’ll experience a range of benefits, including:
- Fleet card acceptance
- National account billing on most brands
- No fleet administration fees
- Consistent service across all Tirecraft locations
- Consistent pricing across all Tirecraft locations
- Fully trained service technicians
- No hourly minimums
- Warranty approved mechanical service
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Tirecraft VIP program
- And more!
If your fleet or owner-operated vehicle is due for a wheel alignment, we can help. Find your local Tirecraft today!