October 4, 2020
Most Canadians understand how important winter tires are for safe driving in snow, slush, and sleet, but with so many options available, it can be tough to know where to start. Today’s post spotlights two popular Toyo winter tire options, and connects readers to local TIRECRAFT experts for further assistance.
Why Buy Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires?
Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires are purpose-built for the toughest winters Canada has to offer. They’re ideal for passenger cars, sport coupes, and some sport SUVs, and boast the following features:
- Directional tread pattern—These Toyo winter tires use staggered, directional tread blocks to enhance traction and handling while also reducing road noise.
- Microbit technology—As advertised in their waggish “WE GOT NUTS” campaign, Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires use crushed walnut shells in the tire tread compound to help dig and bite into icy roads for improved traction.
- Serrated stability rib—Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires feature a continuous centre rib that adds stability when driving on the highways at high-speeds or when changing lanes.
- Large inner blocks with saw toothed edges—Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires feature large inner blocks with saw-tooth edges to add grip and stability on snow-blasted roadways.
- Split offset shoulder blocks—Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires feature large outer blocks with saw-tooth edges on the outsider shoulders to enhance traction and grabbing power in deep snow.
- Snow claws—Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires feature gripping, clawed edges inside the tread grooves to enhance traction in bad conditions.
- Tapered evacuation grooves—Toyo Observe GSi-6 Winter Tires feature specially designed evacuation grooves to clear slippery slush and water from the center of the tire and reduce the risk of hydroplaning.
- High-density 3D sipes—Toyo’s Multi Wave 3D siping technology, which uses a unique 360-degree spiral edge, provides enhanced braking, cornering, and accelerating, while also reducing the risk of irregular wear.
To learn more about each individual feature, and find out how these Toyo winter tires stack up to other products, Find a TIRECRAFT near you and start a free consultation.
Why Buy Toyo Observe GSi-5 Winter Tires?
The Observe GSi-5 winter tires offer much of the same functionality and technology as the GSi-6, but they also come in a complete size range for passenger, light truck, SUV, CUV, and van applications. Some unique features of the Toyo Observe GSi-5 include:
- Absorbent carbonic powder—This powder coating absorbs moisture to keep the tires in closer contact with the road.
- Spider sipe technology—Toyo Observe GSi-5 Winter Tires feature an advanced multi-directional sipe system that gives maximum grip when cornering, braking, or accelerating.
- Added silica and improved dispersion in compound—Toyo Observe GSi-5 Winter Tires use increased levels of silica and better dispersion to enhance flexibility at lower temperatures and enhance wet grip/braking capabilities.
- Arrow lift technology—This unique tire design propels the vehicle through slush or snow-rutted roads.
Find A Qualified Toyo Winter Tire Dealer Near Me
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to find certified Toyo winter tire dealers in your area and start your 100% free winter tire consultation today.Back