January 12, 2021
How To Find COVID-Safe Tire Repair Services In Canada
Although Justin Trudeau just confirmed that Canada would receive 500,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine ahead of schedule by the end of January, the pandemic threat period has yet to pass, and so Canadian consumers must remain vigilant, whether they’re out buying groceries or taking their car to the shop. That means following all of the Government of Canada’s community-based measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease, which includes making the extra effort to find COVID-safe services for your next tire repair.
Since “automotive and heavy vehicle repair and maintenance workers” are included in the Government of Canada’s list of Essential Services and Functions in Canada During the COVID-19 Pandemic, you shouldn’t have much trouble booking a tire repair near you, even if you’re located in a “hot spot.” But the onus is on you to ensure the tire repair shop you choose is COVID-safe.
So how do you determine whether or not the company in question is taking the necessary steps to mitigate the risks of community spread? Look for the following:
- Stringent screening protocols. As per the Government of Canada’s business guidelines, all tire repair shops should discourage sick individuals from entering the premises, and require that all employees stay at home if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. You should be able to detect whether these protocols are in place right away, as screening questions come first. To be sure before you visit the shop, call ahead or check the company website for their COVID-19 policy. At TIRECRAFT, the safety of our clients, staff, and community is paramount, which is why we go above and beyond with symptom screening, as detailed on our COVID-19 Notice page.
- Limited store and showroom access. As with screening protocols, you can tell whether or not a tire repair shop is limiting in-store capacity up front—do they invite you in, or greet you outside? At TIRECRAFT, all showrooms are currently closed to the public, and any required person-to-person interactions take place either outdoors or at a safe social distance.
- Proper social distancing. COVID-safe tire repair shops not only enforce social distancing among customers, but among staff members as well. Where social distancing is not possible, make sure the tire technicians are masked up.
- Contactless vehicle drop-off and pick-up. In the “new normal,” contactless service is king. Make sure the tire repair shop is willing to arrange a contactless hand-off—that’s how we do it at TIRECRAFT!
- Diligent cleaning and disinfecting. It’s crucial that the tire repair shop disinfects your car’s interior, along with all “high traffic” surfaces in-store. Ask the shop about their cleaning protocols and see how they stack up against the TIRECRAFT COVID-19 Notice.
Book A COVID-Safe Service Tire Repair Near Me — Find A Local TIRECRAFT
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to book your tire repair remotely and come find out why so many Canadians trust our contactless services during COVID-19.Back