February 10, 2022
DIY car oil changes can help you save money, but that’s not always the case. Today’s post highlights 5 ways to save time, money, and major part replacements by “going pro” with your next car oil change.
Read on to learn more, or contact your local TIRECRAFT to speak directly with a car oil change specialist near you.
1. “Going Pro” With Your Car Oil Change Guarantees A Job-Well-Done
When attempting a car oil change on your own, there’s a much higher risk that you’ll make one of the following common and costly errors:
- Failing to keep track of your mileage after changing your oil, which may cause you to miss the deadline in the future;
- Using the wrong oil for your vehicle or weather conditions, which could damage your engine;
- Installing the oil filter improperly, which could either cause leakage or, in the event that it’s over-tightened, either strip the threading or break the O-ring;
- Over or under-filling your oil, which could either cause the engine oil to foam-up inside, reducing hydraulic pressure, or fail to properly lubricate your engine’s internal components.
- Forgetting to change the O-ring along with the oil filter, which could cause some leakage and put your engine at-risk over time.
By paying a little extra to go pro with your car oil changes, you’re, guaranteeing a job-well-done, every single time, and potentially more costly repairs doing something incorrect could possibly create.
2. “Going Pro” With Your Car Oil Change Saves You Time
Not only will you need to buy the necessary equipment and teach yourself how to change your oil; you’ll also need to make time to properly dispose of the “old” oil and parts, which means either making a trip to your local Household Hazardous Waste Depot or waiting for your next Special Waste Drop-Off Day.
In contrast, when you get a car oil change at your local TIRECRAFT, we take care of the disposal, and your service is completed in minutes.
3. “Going Pro” With Your Car Oil Change Saves You Money
Unless you’re an automotive enthusiast, there’s a good chance that you’ll pay more in start-up costs than you would for professional service. After all, along with the oil itself, you’ll need to pay for:
- An oil filter
- An oil-filter removal wrench
- A wrench to remove the drain plug
- A funnel
- A drain pan
- Floor jack and safety stands (depending on your vehicle)
4. “Going Pro” With Your Car Oil Change Gets You Free Inspections And Performance Tweaks
When you choose TIRECRAFT for your car oil change, you’ll also receive a multi-point vehicle inspection to make sure your fluids, lights, and filters are all in good condition. It only takes a couple of minutes, and if our technicians’ experienced eye spots any signs of trouble, it could save you from an expensive replacement or major repair down the road.
5. “Going Pro” With Your Car Oil Change Saves Money On Other Services
If you’re a MyTIRECRAFT Rewards member, you can collect rewards points for your car oil change to save even more on future repair, maintenance, or parts purchases.
Get A Free Quote On A Car Oil Change: Contact TIRECRAFT
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to get in touch with our team and get a free quote on your next car oil change.Back