November 16, 2020
The X-ICE Snow tire is the latest addition to the Michelin winter tire family. And while newer isn’t always better, the X-Ice stands head-and-shoulders above most competitors. Today’s post overviews the top features of the Michelin X-Ice Snow tire to help you make an informed choice this winter.
Read on or contact your local TIRECRAFT to speak directly with a snow tire specialist.
Top Features of Michelin ‘X-Ice’ Snow Tires in 2020-2021
The X-Ice line is the newest offering in the Michelin snow tire line. Engineered for nordic winters, the very latest generation of Michelin X-Ice snow tires offers the following consumer-centric features:
- Long-lasting ice performance and leadership in ice-braking. Michelin snow tires stop 2.7 meters shorter than the leading competitor, making them one of the best-in-class.
- Long-lasting performance on snow. The latest Michelin snow tires are specially engineered for a 4% increase in snow grip that lasts throughout the life of the tire.
- Improved hydroplaning and slush performance. New tread design uses a continuous V-shape, greater groove width, and two types of full-depth 3D sipes with variable thickness to provide optimal grip performance on wet roads, snow, and ice.
- #1 in snow tire longevity. According to Michelin snow tire manufacturers’ research, the X-Ice Snow lasts up to one additional winter longer than the average leading competitor.
- Innovative rubber compound. Michelin snow tires use the Flex-Ice 2.0, a next-generation, silica-based compound designed to maintain flexibility even in severe cold-climate conditions.
- Michelin snow tire “Evergrip Technologies.” New rigid polymer-based inclusions generate “micro-roughness” on the tire surface for leadership in ice and snow grip, winter after winter.
To learn more about the X-Ice line, or to see how they stack up to other snow tire competitors, contact your local TIRECRAFT for unbiased tire advice.
Browse all the Best Michelin Snow Tires at your Local TIRECRAFT
Whether you’re ready to buy Michelin snow tires, you have questions that need to be answered, or you want to browse all the top winter tire options in one place, your local TIRECRAFT can help.
Michelin is one of the most recognizable tire brands in the world, and we’re proud to carry them alongside our other top snow tire brands, including:
When it comes to Michelin tire selection, TIRECRAFT is unparalleled. Michelin tire options include all-season tires, winter tires, SUV and light truck tires, and performance tires. Our current winter tire line-up includes:
- Michelin X-Ice Xi3 Winter Tires
- Michelin Latitude X-Ice tires
- Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 Winter Tires
- Michelin Alpin A4 Winter Tires
- Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 Winter Tires
- Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 Winter Tires
- Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 Winter Tires
- Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 Winter Tires
- Michelin Latitude Alpin Winter Tires
- Michelin Latitude Alpin HP Winter Tires
- Michelin LTX Winter Tires, and more!
Whatever Michelin snow tires you choose, TIRECRAFT adds value to the manufacturer’s warranty through the Advantage Plus Program, which includes:
- 12-month / 20,000km mechanical warranty—whichever comes first
- 30-Day tire satisfaction guarantee—no charge for tires and labor for personal vehicles
- FREE flat tire repairs (eligibility determined by TIRECRAFT)
- Road Hazard Coverage (see the Road Hazard Policy for conditions and limitations)
- FREE tire rotations
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to contact local Michelin snow tire specialists and start saving this winter.Back