October 25, 2021
72% of Canadians are now using winter tires, according to the TRAC 2020 Winter Tire Report, but that doesn’t mean they’re right for everyone. For those interested in eliminating the expense of seasonal tire storage and changeover, without compromising on winter road performance, consider the new Michelin snow tire alternative from the all-weather category: the CrossClimate 2.
Michelin snow tire alternatives: Unlock all-weather performance with the CrossClimate2
The CrossClimate 2 offers:
- Superior braking on wet roads—In Michelin tire tests, which measured braking performance when travelling at speeds of 80km/h, the CrossClimate2 came to a full stop while the competitors’ tires were still traveling at more than 38km/h, amounting to a 17-meter reduction in total braking distance.
- Hydroplaning resistance—An innovative V-formation tread design helps to evacuate water from the contact patch, improving handling on wet roads and greatly reducing your risk of hydroplaning.
- 3D sipelock technology maximizes wet traction, without sacrificing tread block stability.
- Long-lasting tread life—If you’re not alternating between Michelin snow tires and a summer set, you need to know your tires can stand up to year-round wear-and-tear. The new CrossClimate 2 offers an impressive 100,00km Manufacturer’s treadwear limited warranty, which can be stacked together with the TIRECRAFT Advantage Plus Program; and Michelin tire tests show that they outlast a number of leading competitors, including the Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack, the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady, the Continental PureContact LS, and the Continental CrossContact LX25.
- Excellent performance on dry roads—Compared to four of the leading competitors’ tires, these Michelin snow tire alternatives stopped 4.8m shorter on dry roads, evidencing the power of the V-ramp design on the edges of the blocks, which maximizes road contact to shorten stopping distance.
- Outstanding snow traction—Like any other Michelin snow tires, the CrossClimate2 is stamped with the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake Symbol (3PMSF), giving you the kind of snow performance you’d expect from a specialty set. Moreover, Michelin tire tests show that the CrossClimate2 provides up to 31% more snow traction when worn.
Compare The Crossclimate2 With Top Michelin Snow Tires: Call TIRECRAFT
If you’re having trouble deciding between traditional Michelin snow tires and the CrossClimate2, our ASE-certified tire experts are standing by to help. We carry all the best Michelin snow tires, along with all the top competitors’ snow and all-weather alternatives, so you can compare all the best options under one roof, and our tire techs guarantee 100% honest and unbiased advice every time.
To start your personalized winter tire needs assessment, get in touch with your local TIRECRAFT. With more than 300 locations around the country, qualified help is closer than you think, and every consultation is free!Back