July 22, 2021
If you want to save more at the pump, you’ll need to invest in two things: regular maintenance and fuel-efficient all-season tires. Whenever you’re ready to start driving down your fuel costs, TIRECRAFT is here to help.
Read on to learn the benefits of low-rolling resistance tires, explore the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada’s top all-season tire picks, and find out how to get personalized recommendations from your local TIRECRAFT.
Canadians Want To Improve Fuel Efficiency—And TIRECRAFT Can Help
According to a Leger national survey commissioned by the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada (TRAC) back in 2017, nearly nine-in-ten (87%) of Canadian motorists feel that they have “a moral obligation to protect the environment by ensuring that their vehicles are as fuel efficient as possible.”
However, the very same year, an International Energy Agency (IEA) study on energy efficiency in the transportation sector showed that Canadian vehicles topped the charts for poor fuel economy, consuming an average of 8.9 litres of gasoline per 100 kilometres. To put that figure in context, research by Canada Energy Regulator showed that fuel consumption averaged 8.6 L/100km in the United States, 5.9 L/100km in Germany, and only 4.9 L/100km in Portugal.
Put simply, Canadians are getting gouged at the pumps, and because carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions are directly related to fuel efficiency, we’re also ranked dead-last for CO2 emission per km driven.
But don’t despair—if you’re looking to save at the pump, and save the planet while you’re at it, there’s plenty that you can do to make your vehicle more fuel-efficient, including:
- Maintaining proper tire pressure
- Rotating and balancing tires regularly
- Using the manufacturer’s recommended motor oil—e.g. Using 10W-30 motor oil in an engine designed for 5W-30 can lower your gas mileage by 1-2%
To learn more about improving your fuel efficiency with regular vehicle maintenance, contact your local TIRECRAFT.
Of course, if you want to truly optimize your vehicle’s fuel efficiency, you’ll want to invest in low rolling resistance all-season tires. And that’s where your local TIRECRAFT can make all the difference.
Find The Best All-Season Tires For Fuel Efficiency At Your Local TIRECRAFT
According to TRAC research, roughly three-quarters (74%) of Canadian motorists are still not familiar with the benefits of low rolling resistance all-season tires.
Here’s the quick version: low rolling resistance tires are specially designed to minimize “tire friction,” thereby reducing the total amount of energy that your engine needs to generate to keep your car moving. Using specially formulated tread compounds that resist heat and minimize tire deflection, low rolling resistance all-season tires reduce the amount of energy lost during hysteresis. One study cited by Bridgestone manufacturers showed that fuel-efficient all-season tires can save you 10% annually on gas.
If you’re ready to explore your low rolling resistance all-season tire options, get in touch with your local TIRECRAFT tech. We offer:
- Unparalleled tire selection, comprising all the most popular brands, plus all of TRAC’s top picks for fuel efficient all-season tires
- Personalized all-season tire recommendations, based on your unique driving demands, budget, and local weather conditions
- Unbiased advice, with no sales pressure or incentives to push any particular brand
- True tire expertise from an ASE-certified all-season tire expert
- Superior cost control, thanks to our customer loyalty program, one-of-a-kind national warranty program, and constant rotation of all-season tire promotions
To begin your free consultation, and find the best all-season tires for fuel efficiency, contact your local TIRECRAFT.Back