April 28, 2022
Auto transmission repair is one of the most expensive automotive services out there, but there are ways to control these costs, and we’re here to help you save.
Read on to learn a few ways TIRECRAFT helps reduce the costs of auto transmission repair, or contact your local TIRECRAFT to get a free quote on your next repair or maintenance service.
Auto Transmission Repair Can Be Costly—But There Are Ways To Save
Without a doubt, auto transmission repair is one of the more expensive automotive services out there.
According to a 2022 guide by AutoChimps, a full auto transmission repair typically costs between $1200 to $5000.
Of course, that’s only for a full-on replacement, but even in the case of a relatively minor component failure, such as a faulty transmission solenoid, you can expect to pay $250 for one, or around $400 to replace the entire solenoid pack.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to control these costs when you seek service at your local TIRECRAFT.
As the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and that is certainly the case when it comes to auto transmission repair. To keep yours running smoothly, TIRECRAFT technicians recommend:
- Investing in routine maintenance. Transmission services should be booked after 2 years or 40,000km of driving, whichever comes first. Ask your TIRECRAFT technician to set up a service reminder next time you roll into the shop, and you’ll never have to worry about missing your maintenance deadlines again.
- Checking your transmission fluid levels regularly. Just like your oil pan, your transmission has its own dipstick for quick fluid level checks. In addition to monitoring the fluid level, you should also pay attention to its color, smell, and consistency. If your transmission fluid looks darker than usual, feels gritty, or smells burned, bring it into your local TIRECRAFT as soon as possible. We carry a variety of quality transmission fluids, and our technicians can top-up, flush, or inspect yours as needed.
- Shifting properly. Always make sure that you come to a complete stop before shifting between forward and reverse gears, or you could quickly rack up unnecessary wear and tear.
Additionally, in the event that you need to pay for an auto transmission repair, maintenance service, or part replacement, TIRECRAFT helps you save with:
- One-stop shop convenience—Get everything you need for a quality auto transmission repair under one roof, so you don’t have to burn daylight and fuel driving all over town for the right parts or repair service.
- Superior auto transmission repair and maintenance services—We specialize in maximizing the service life and performance of your transmission, and we make sure to get the job done right the first time. We only use quality parts, and our certified auto transmission repair and maintenance technicians stand behind their work with a full customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Customer loyalty rewards—Download the MyTIRECRAFT Rewards app and earn rewards points for every dollar you spend on auto transmission repair. If you anticipate an auto transmission repair in the future, you can start racking up rewards points now by choosing TIRECRAFT for your tire purchases and other essential upkeep services. When that fateful day comes, you can spend discount dollars like real money, and drive down the costs of your auto transmission repair.
Get A Free Quote On Auto Transmission Repair: Contact TIRECRAFT
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to get a free quote on your next auto transmission repair.
Barrett, J. (2022, April 7). Transmission repair and cost. AutoChimps.Back