June 2, 2021
Some warranties cover car tire repairs—does yours? In today’s TIRECRAFT warranty talk, we discuss the limitations of most standard Manufacturer’s Warranties, then explain how to get free car tire repairs with TIRECRAFT.
Read on or contact your local TIRECRAFT to speak with a car tire repair specialist straight away.
Does The Limited Warranty Cover Car Tire Repairs?
Generally speaking, limited warranties do not cover car tire repairs, only replacements, and even then, only under very specific conditions.
For example, according to the BFGoodrich website, the Standard Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty “covers defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original usable tread or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.”
Thus, according to the Limited Warranty, if you need a car tire repair due to defects in workmanship and materials, and the problem arises within 6 years of the date of purchase or the life of the original usable tread (whichever comes first), “your tire may be replaced on a pro rata basis.”
Additionally, if a tire is covered, and 2/32nds of an inch (1.6 mm) or less of the original tread is worn (or 25% or less, whichever is more beneficial to you), and it is within 12 months of the date of purchase, BFGoodrich will replace it with a comparable new replacement tire, mount the tire, and balance the tire, free of charge.
Some tire tread designs will also be covered by a limited mileage warranty. For example, turning back to the BFGoodrich catalog, you’ll find that their g-Force Super Sport A/S is covered for 55,000km; their CommercialMC T/A tire is covered for 80,000km; and the Long TrailMC T/A Tour is covered for 100,000km.
However, neither warranty will cover car tire repairs of damages “due to misuse, abuse, or accident,” such as:
- Road hazards
- Incorrect mounting or tire balancing
- Improper car tire repair
- Uneven wear caused by tire misalignment
- Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, tire alteration, or vandalism
- Flat spotting caused by improper storage or brake lock
- Minor cosmetic ozone or weather cracking
Extend Your Warranty Coverage: Get Free Car Tire Repairs With TIRECRAFT
When you buy an eligible set of tires at your local TIRECRAFT, you get additional coverage through the Advantage Plus Program, a national warranty program that includes:
- 12-month or 20,000km Mechanical Warranty (whichever comes first)
- 30-day tire satisfaction guarantee—no charge for tires and labour
- FREE car tire repairs (flat tires only—eligibility determined by TIRECRAFT)
- Road Hazard Coverage
- FREE tire rotations, performed after 10,000km or by the vehicle manufacturers’ tire rotation schedule