May 11, 2022
Today’s post explains when to book a tire replacement, and how to choose the best tire brand for that new set, based on the results of J.D. Power’s 2022 Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study released last month.
Read on to learn which brands Canadians prefer for their tire replacements, and when to book yours, or contact your local TIRECRAFT to book a free consultation straight away.
When To Book A Tire Replacement: 8 Signs It’s Time To Visit TIRECRAFT
Let’s start at the beginning—when are you supposed to book a tire replacement?
At TIRECRAFT, we recommend booking a tire replacement service the moment you detect any of the following 8 signs of tire trouble:
- Your tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light turns on
- Your tire treads are less than 6/32-inch tread depth, or about 4.7mm
- You feel excessive vibrations at high speeds
- More than 5 years have passed since your last tire replacement
- You see cracking or cuts in the tire sidewall
- You notice uneven tread wear (e.g., feathering, cupping, or center wear)
- You see bulges or blisters in the tire sidewall
- Your tires’ tread wear bars are showing
Tire Replacement Guide: What Brands Do Customers Rate Best In 2022?
So, you need a tire replacement—what tire brand is best for your vehicle?
If you have driven on OEM tires since day-one, never needing a tire replacement before now, the sheer size of our tire catalog and the number of different brands can be overwhelming. But don’t worry—your local TIRECRAFT technician is here to help you solve the paradox of choice and make the perfect pick with unbiased advice, expert knowledge, and authoritative tire research.
If you’re not ready to start your free consultation, but you still want to make some progress on your tire replacement task, you’d do well to start your tire research by reviewing the results of the J.D. Power 2022 Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study released last month.
This annual study measures tire owner satisfaction in the following four areas, listed in order of importance:
- Tire ride
- Tire wear
- Tire traction/handling
- Tire appearance
These were the most popular tire brands in three different categories:
- Michelin ranks highest in the luxury segment, scoring 830/1000. Goodyear came in second place, scoring 811/1000.
- Pirelli ranks highest in the passenger car segment, scoring 813/1000. Once again, Goodyear came in second with 808/1000, and Michelin rolled in third with a score of 807/1000.
- BFGoodrich ranks highest in the truck/utility segment, scoring 812/1000. Michelin takes second place with 807/1000, and Firestone comes in third at 805/1000.
Any of these brands make a great choice for your tire replacement, and no matter which you choose, you’ll find their complete 2022 lineup at your local TIRECRAFT. Additionally, your purchase will earn you discount dollars via the MyTIRECRAFT custom loyalty rewards program, and we may be able to save you even more with one of our exciting Promotions.
Book A Free Tire Replacement Consultation: Contact TIRECRAFT
Use the Find a TIRECRAFT tool to start browsing all the top-rated tire brands and get a great price on your next tire replacement.Back